IV therapy is a treatment where vitamins and minerals, and sometimes medications, are given intravenously to promote overall wellness or treat specific conditions. The concept of IV therapy came from the desire to offer our med spa patients and our surgical patients the most comprehensive approach to overall well-being and wellness. It makes sense given our patients are taking care of their exterior, i.e. their skin and cosmetic concerns, why not take the same approach with what keeps them healthy on the inside?
Intravenous therapy is a great way to regain energy, remain hydrated, and feel your best. For more information on wellness boosting IV treatment in Atlanta, contact The Spa at NAPS today.
Why We Offer IV Therapy
With our current eating habits, it’s no surprise that more than 70% of adults don’t meet even two-thirds of the recommended dietary allowance for one or more nutrients. Lacking essential vitamins and minerals can strongly impact the immune system, wound healing, and surgical complications.
IV therapy allows vitamins to bypass the digestive system and enter directly into the bloodstream. The absorption rate using IV treatments versus oral supplements is amazing; 100 percent absorption of these vitamins and minerals, as opposed to less than 20 percent by mouth.
Common uses for IV therapy include:
- Energy boost
- Common cold
- Seasonal allergies
- Promotion of wound healing
The cold and flu season is a critical time to have your immune system optimized. Routine IV therapy, in combination with the flu shot, can maximize your immune system’s ability to fight off viruses and bacteria during the winter months.
Choose The Spa at NAPS for IV Treatments in Atlanta
While IV therapy has gained in popularity and many practices offer treatment, The Spa at NAPS has a physician present that directly tailors the therapy to each patient, making our office unique. In most IV hydration clinics, the patients are picking from a menu like a fast food restaurant, and there is no medical director on site. Many compounding pharmacies won’t sell to these clinics as the effective concentration of these therapies requires prescriptions written by physicians.
Our patients benefit from a consultation with Dr. Joiner or Dr. Alderman to address their specific concerns, whether it be preparation for an upcoming surgery and recovery, lack of energy, or a desire for an ultra-burn to promote healthy weight loss. The treatment is relatively quick, requiring about 10 minutes to complete. A very small IV is placed in the hand or arm. After that, administering the fluids is painless.
Offering the Myers Cocktail: The Most Popular IV Therapy
Probably the most beneficial and popular IV treatment is our version of The Myers Cocktail. It encompasses all the essential B vitamins (1,2,3,5,6,12a) which are crucial in boosting the immune system, absorbing nutrients, maintaining healthy skin, and balancing blood sugar. It also contains Magnesium which prevents inflammation and supports a healthy immune system. And let’s not forget the important Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that is necessary for tissue growth and repair and is essential in the formation of collagen. We lose collagen daily as we age. Therefore, it is crucial that we support our immune system.
We can also provide additional supplements such as Calcium for bone strength and Glutathione, which is a master antioxidant that helps detoxify the body from the inside out. You can also choose any of the following to add to your Myers Cocktail treatment at our Atlanta medical spa:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): used to boost the immune system, but also helps maintain a positive mental attitude; enhance learning abilities, increase energy, fight stress and prevent memory loss
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin-5-Phosphate): is crucial for breaking down food components absorbing nutrients and maintaining tissue
- Vitamin B 3 (Niacinamide): helps the food we eat turn into energy; it also plays a role in maintaining healthy skin and nerves
- Vitamin B5 (Dexpanthenol): used to boost the immune system, convert nutrients from food into energy, balances blood sugar, maintains the health of the nervous system and maintains a healthy digestive tract
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate): is needed for normal brain development and function; helps the body make the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine that influence mood and melatonin which helps regulate the body clock
- Vitamin B12a (Hydroxocobalamin): is an essential nutrient necessary for proper metabolism and energy production
- Magnesium: prevents inflammation and supports a healthy immune system
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid): is an antioxidant that protects against immune system deficiencies
- Calcium Gluconate: treats low blood calcium and builds strong bones
- Glutathione: master antioxidant that helps detoxify the body
Frequently Asked Questions about IV Therapy
Can I benefit from treatment?
IV therapy allows our surgical patients to get a head start on wound healing, enhancing their immune system, and reducing oxidation and free radicals before surgery and then again in the postoperative period. Our med spa patients enjoy knowing that the investment they have made in the treatment of their skin is enhanced from the inside out with IV therapy.
How often should IV therapy be scheduled?
Surgical patients should consider treatments both before and after surgery to enhance wound healing. The treatment regimen can be tailored to your medical history and the extent of surgery planned.
Non-surgical patients should consider monthly treatments, but the frequency can be tailored to the season and individual lifestyles. For example, more frequent treatments are recommended in the cold and flu season. Athletes should increase their frequency during high exertion periods.
Are there any restrictions after treatment?
There are no restrictions after the IV therapy. You may resume normal daily activities, whether that be at the office or workout gym. There are also no food or drink restrictions.
What is the average cost per treatment?
The average price per treatment is $150, and package pricing is available for five or more treatments.
Learn more about what IV therapy with the Myers Cocktail and other immune and energy-boosters can do to help you feel your best. Contact The Spa at NAPS for more about what IV treatment can do for you!