Summertime in Atlanta, GA, offers the perfect weather for getting outside to take in the breathtaking views, staying home and soaking in the rays near your pool, or even traveling to exotic locations. Whatever your plans entail, you’re likely to break out your shorts, flowy dresses, and favorite swimwear to escape the heat.
If you need some last-minute help getting summer ready but want to avoid surgery, Dr. Amy Alderman at The Spa at NAPS offers an inclusive line-up of non-invasive procedures that can address a wide range of common skin and body concerns. From hair removal and achieving a smooth, radiant complexion to toning and tightening treatments, you can look your best this summer by choosing these fantastic summertime non-surgical procedures.
Skincare Tips for a Glowing Summer Complexion
Summer is about showing off some skin, and that includes your face. When it comes to maintaining and healthy and glowing complexion, most people prefer the warm temperatures and humidity of summer to the bitter-cold winter season. However, the arrival of summer doesn’t mean it’s time to loosen up on your skincare. The warmer weather and more time outdoors bring their own set of skin challenges and concerns, which is why you should focus on adapting your routine to this new season. These simple strategies can help you maintain a glowing summer complexion all season long.
Apply Sunscreen Often
First, find a lightweight, broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. To really simplify your summer skincare routine, you can also choose to trade in your normal moisturizer for a dual-purpose moisturizer that contains sunscreen. Before you head out to enjoy your day, apply sunscreen to your face, neck, and all other areas of exposed skin. Protecting your skin from harmful UV rays will not only protect you against developing skin cancer, but it will also minimize the risk of developing premature skin aging.
Find a Lightweight Moisturizer
Winter is when your skin needs the extra benefits of a thicker cream to help prevent chapped, brittle skin from the cold weather outside and the dry heated air on the inside. You should adopt a lightweight version of your normal moisturizer that is formulated with noncomedogenic ingredients. Look for products that contain hyaluronic acid, a skin-loving ingredient that helps retain moisture for a plumper, healthier-looking complexion.
Exfoliate Twice a Week
Summer is the perfect time to start incorporating exfoliation into your skincare routine. Physical or chemical exfoliants will help sweep away dead skin cells, cleanse your pores, and help clear away texture. Physical exfoliants include gentle scrubs that you will use before your normal face wash. Chemical exfoliants contain alpha-hydroxy acids, like glycolic acid, and should be used after your normal face wash as a treatment.
If you’re not sure where to begin or how to change your skincare routine to achieve the best results, explore the medical-grade skin care products from The Spa at NAPS. Our products are formulated with ingredients that work for your specific skin type and are made to penetrate deeply into your skin’s layers for long-lasting, beautiful results.
Non-Surgical Facial Treatments to Rejuvenate Your Appearance
Sometimes, even the best skin care routines aren’t enough to achieve the glowing summer skin you have been working towards. If your skin needs more TLC than you can provide at home, our team at The Spa at NAPS offers a variety of non-surgical, minimally invasive cosmetic treatments to rejuvenate your appearance. Some of our options include:
- SkinPen Microneedling—SkinPen creates controlled micro-injuries to the skin that stimulate the body’s natural healing response. The micro-tears created by the SkinPen device trigger the body’s production of cytokines and growth factors, leading to the remodeling of collagen and elastin. After a series of three treatments spaced 30 days apart, you’ll notice significant improvements to the texture, vitality, and even tone of your skin.
- HydraFacial—Our customizable HydraFacial treatment simultaneously removes dead skin cells, cleanses the pores, and infuses the skin with hydrating serums, leaving your skin feeling refreshed. It’s the ideal treatment for summertime as it clears away trapped debris like oils, sunscreen, makeup, and dead skin cells that cannot be reached with your everyday skincare products.
- Laser Facial—Our Laser Facial treatments are perfect for improving skin texture, evening skin tone, and providing the skin with a boost of collagen. Our BBL, short for Broad Band Light, treatments target pigmentations in the skin, such as sunspots, broken capillaries, and acne scaring, to reveal gorgeous, glowing skin that will leave you with the confidence to set your makeup products aside and embrace your natural beauty.
- Chemical Peels— Chemical peels are a great exfoliation technique to help improve your skin’s texture and overall tone. A chemical solution concocted by one of our knowledge aestheticians is applied to your face and remains there for several minutes before being removed. During that time, the solution breaks down dead skin cells, unclogs your pores, and triggers your skin’s production of collagen.
Body Contouring Without Surgery: CoolSculpting and Sculpta®
During the cold winter and spring months, it can be difficult to stay active. If you’ve been hitting the gym hard to get your body ready for summertime but not seeing the results you want, we offer noninvasive body contouring procedures to tighten and tone your trouble areas.
CoolSculpting—CoolSculpting effectively freezes fat cells from areas like the abdomen, flanks, arms, thighs, and back. A few weeks after your CoolSculpting treatment, you’ll notice more muscle definition and a slimmer figure that will look great in your favorite summer attire.
Sculpta®—Our Sculptor Butt lift treatment uses a liquid filler made from poly-L-lactic acid to sculpt and lift the buttocks for a non-surgical alternative to a traditional butt lift. It can help provide more definition to the buttocks, reverse the effects of sagging skin, and reduce the appearance of cellulite in the buttocks that is keeping you from wearing your favorite cheeky bikini to the pool.
How to Achieve a Youthful-Looking Chest and Décolletage Without Surgery
For summer, we all want those low-cut tops that show off the beautiful sun-kissed skin along our chest and décolletage. As we get older, the natural levels of the protein collagen start to decrease, leading to the appearance of new lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin, especially in the chest area.
The Spa at NAPS offers Ultherapy treatment to help kickstart your production of collagen, increasing skin smoothness for a more youthful appearance. Ultherapy uses ultrasound energy that creates a thermal effect, heating the layers of your skin to just the right temperature to encourage new collagen production. Your results will continue to improve over 3 to 6 months, and the results will last for years.
Makeup Tips and Tricks for a Natural Summer Look
In the sweltering Georgia heat, a full face of makeup can feel heavy and turn even the best glam into glum. Instead of a full face of makeup, keep your cosmetics light this summer with these helpful tips.
- BB Cream—Instead of a full-coverage, mattifying foundation, try a lightweight BB cream or tinted moisturizer that contains SPF. BB Creams and tinted moisturizers are excellent for not only evening your complexion but keeping it moisturized and vibrant. You can wear it all day long without having to worry about blotting every hour while on the town or enjoying a relaxing summer holiday.
- Conceal—If you want to ditch the foundation together, spot correcting with a concealer is a great alternative. Simply use a clean brush with a tiny bit of product and feather it right over the blemishes, red areas, or underneath your eyes to conceal dark circles.
- Waterproof Mascara—Having full, long eyelashes can instantly give you a more alert and refreshed look. Invest in a good quality, waterproof mascara that won’t smudge or run while you’re playing outdoors or enjoying a warm night at a club with your friends.
- Set It with Powder—Anywhere on your face that you apply a cream product, set it with a translucent powder. A good setting powder will absorb oils and sweat and lock your makeup in place all day and night. Focus your powder application on your T-Zone, including between your eyebrows, around your nose, and along your chin.
- Keep Your Essentials with You—Wherever you go this summer, stash your powder, mascara, and favorite lip balm or gloss with you in your bag for quick touch-ups throughout the day.
Hydration and Nutrition Tips for Healthy Summer Skin and Hair
A successful summer isn’t complete without fruity cocktails and your favorite snacks. To keep your skin, hair, and nails healthy, make sure that you break up the refreshing wine spritzers with plenty of water. You’ll get extra points if your water is infused with electrolytes to help replenish what your body loses throughout the day through sweat. Alcohol, while it makes for a fun time, dries out your organs, including your skin, and can cause increased inflammation. While it’s still important to enjoy yourself, remember to drink a glass of cool water between beverages to help replenish and hydrate your organs. This will also help you fight off a hangover.
For nutrition, swap out the chips and dip with an elegant charcuterie board filled with your favorite fruits, like antioxidant-filled blueberries, lush watermelon, raspberries, pineapple, and vitamin-rich orange slices. You can also throw in some fresh cheeses and slices of protein like lean turkey breast or salami. These boards are great to take to a party or for an at-home treat you and your family can enjoy.
Exercise and Fitness Tips to Feel Confident in Your Summer Wardrobe
When hitting the gym or completing at-home workouts, everyone automatically assumes that cardio is the best way to shed fat and look lean. While cardio does play an essential role in weight loss and your overall health, muscle toning with weights and resistance activities is just as important. Break up your cardio sessions with a Pilates class or weight training exercises. These activities will help isolate different muscle groups, including the abdominal muscles, the glutes, thighs, arms, shoulders, and back. Lean muscle burns fat at a higher rate and will help sustain you throughout the day. Plus, you’ll love the way your arms look in that sleeveless dress and your legs in those vibrant shorts.
Combining Non-Surgical Treatments for Optimal Summer Beauty
If you have multiple areas you’d like to target before summer officially gets here, you don’t have to choose whether to have a facial treatment or a body treatment—we suggest getting both! Schedule a consultation with our aestheticians at The Spa at NAPS, and they can create a customized treatment plan that will hit all your target areas.
Some treatments that are often combined include:
- CoolSculpting & Sculptra®
- BOTOX® & Dermal Fillers
- Laser Hair Removal & Laser Facial
- HydraFacial & SkinPen Microneedling
Get Summer Ready at The Spa at NAPS in Atlanta, GA!
Feel confident showing off more skin this summer with one or more of our customizable, non-surgical treatment options at The Spa at NAPS. During your in-person consultation, you can feel comfortable expressing areas where you would like to see results and sit back while we customize a treatment plan that fits your specific needs. For more information, we invite you to call our office at (470) 381-3615 or by completing our online contact form.